1. Have You Ever Re-Gifted A Book You’ve Been Given?
Yes, but rarely. I haven’t wrapped it up and presented it as a book for an occasion, but I’ve given books I haven’t gotten to and decided I probably wouldn’t to someone who might like it more.
2. Have You Ever Said You’ve Read A Book When You Haven’t?
I think I did in school once or twice for a book report. I do recall reading part of Uncle Tom’s Cabin and expounding on it on a test. I got a great grade for that response.
3. Have You Ever Borrowed A Book And Not Returned It?
A friend lent me a book and I got part way through it and tried to return it but she said to keep it.
4. Have You Ever Read A Series Out Of Order?
I read The Ladies’ Paradise by Zola before I knew it was part of a “series” called the Rougon-Macquart series. Many people suggest not reading Rougon-Macquart books in the order of publication, but rather in this order. It’s not a straight up chronological series.
Now I’m reminded to resume reading Zola.
5. Have You Ever Spoiled A Book For Someone?
No one’s said I did.
6. Have You Ever Dog-eared A Book?
Yesterday, I wanted to mark some pages in Paul Johnson’s Heroes.
7. Have You Ever Told Someone You Don’t Own A Book When You Do?
No. I can’t see why I would.
Not for fiction, perhaps for school, I’ve had a book which only some chapters were assigned.
9. Have You Ever Bad Mouthed A Book You Actually Liked?
That never would occur to me. I’m not sure what the upside would be.
I think my biggest guilt as a reader is that I don’t make time to read as much as I’d like.
Are you a guilty reader? Do you feel any other reading guilt? Let me know in the comments!