• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
From Michael Chabon‘s Maps & Legends:
A third innovative stroke of Conan Doyle‘s was to find a new way to play the oldest trick in the book, to revise the original pretense of all adventurers, liars, and storytellers–that every word you are about to hear is true.
Holmes was not only aware of his status as a subject of Watson’s “chronicles,” he resented it, and mocked it, even as he profited by the fictional version of the very real success that the stories enjoyed . . . .
From We by Yevgeny Zamyatin
It’s 21:30. The blinds are lowered in the room to the left of mine. In the room on the right, I see my neighbor: bent over a book, his bald patch, knobbly with hummocks, and his forehead, a huge, yellow parabola.
- Teaser Tuesdays (July 31) (shouldbereading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday 2 (timeforreading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesdays (July 31) (apaperbacklife.wordpress.com)
- An Early Peek at Michael Chabon’s New Novel, ‘Telegraph Avenue’ (theatlanticwire.com)
- Teaser Tuesday (timeforreading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesdays (July 24) (shouldbereading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday (xingu2.wordpress.com)