May’s book club read is Moby Dick. When I saw Moby Dick on the roster, I sort of groaned. I haven’t read it before but it’s reputation proceeds it. I braced myself for boredom once I passed the first sentence: Call me Ismael.
Though I’m only 40 pages in, I want to break the stereotype. So far Moby Dick is witty and engaging. While I’m still suggesting we change our schedule to allow two months for this novel, I don’t dread reading it.
- Moby-Dick and Martians (bluejaysway.wordpress.com)
- Mapping Moby Dick (travelbetweenthepages.com)
- Herman Melville Meets Zeppelin (travelbetweenthepages.com)
- @50 – Moby Dick by Herman Melville (swampofboredom.com)
- The Classics Club/1001 Books: Moby Dick – I just don’t get it (swampofboredom.com)
- Moby Dick (requiredreadings.ca)