The meme is to choose fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag 15 friends, including me because I’m interested in seeing what books my friends choose . . .
- Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Flounder by Gunther Grass
- The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow
- The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Process and Reality by Alfred North Whitehead
- Blue Highways by William Least Heat-Moon
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Kristin Lavransdatter Trilogy by Sigrid Undsett (I suppose that should count as three)
- Wild Sheep Chase by Murakami
- The Golden Pavilion by Mushima
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
I know I’ve done this before, but it’s interesting to see how the lists change with time, memory and mood.